Submitting an Article Online
To submit an article online, and to check the status of your submission, you need to have an account with Early Modern Low Countries
Don't have an account? Register Here.
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts that fall within the focus of the journal. Please read the information on the peer review process and follow the EMLC style sheet.
This journal does not charge Article Processing Charges (APC).
EMLC provides immediate open access to its content. Author(s) retain copyright of their articles. Articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY 4.0).
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Style Sheet.
- All authors have given permission to be listed on the submitted paper. The corresponding author is authorized to speak on behalf of the authors.
- The author declares the absence of any conflict of interest.
- All DOIs for the references have been provided, when available.
- The author warrants and represents that the work does not infringe upon any copyright, proprietary, or personal right of any third party. If the work contains any material that is owned or controlled by a third party, the author certifies that he/she has obtained permission for its use and that the material is clearly acknowledged within the text. This warrant concerns the entire manuscript, text as well as pictures, sound, video, data sets etc. The author also warrants to us that he/she has full authority to enter into this agreement and that the rights he/she is granting to HCM are done so without breaching any obligations he/she may have.
Authors who publish with EMLC agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are explicitly encouraged to deposit their article in their institutional repository.
The names and e-mail addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.